151. An odd skill. 16 November, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
I've written before about how I can see connections where there are none (it’s called apophenia), and how I have epiphany moments every month or so, like when I see a leaf on the wind or a crack in the pavement and know that it’s significant, but not know how, and that I understand everything in that brief moment.
150. Remembrance Day. 11 November, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
“From my broken body, flowers will grow and I am in them, and that is eternity.
148. Why I hate partying. 04 November, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
I'm anti-social, so they complain.
144. Tungsten. 24 October, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
I had a friend ask in the comments of the previous thread how ‘far’ I’d gotten on this date someone blabbed to him about.
141. Pretence. 24 September, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
“I found myself back in the sepulchural city resenting the sight of people hurrying through the streets to filch a little money from each other, to devour their infamous cookery, to gulp their unwholesome beer, to dream their insignificant and silly dreams.
140. More time. 16 September, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
While driving to work in the early morning, hours before dawn, I sometimes slow down to look at the few cars underneath an overpass, or at the featureless sky, the glow of a neon sign over the husk of a closed-down restaurant.
139. Ensaymada. 09 September, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
Today I made Ensaymada.
138. Makin' bread. 03 September, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
My final bread test is in perhaps twelve weeks, so to prepare for it I'm going to make a few bread or sweet yeast products every week, every first Monday and second Sunday.
135. The changes that occur. 18 August, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
Say you have an axe, and over years of rough handling and little love, it gets damaged.
131. Croquembouche. 29 July, 2007 — Normal Blog Stuff.
A Croquembouche is a cone of profiteroles bound together with caramel.