I have started a mini-blog called Books I Have Read (of course!
229. Heaven, by Rupert Brooke. 24 July, 2011 — Writing.
Fish (fly-replete, in depth of June, Dawdling away their wat'ry noon) Ponder deep wisdom, dark or clear, Each secret fishy hope or fear.
225. Voluntary Euthanasia Form Letter. 08 September, 2010 — Writing.
This is a short email I sent to Australian political lobby group GetUp!
For a while now I’ve had to clear desk space for a typewriter since there are fewer distractions on a typewriter, but I found this typewriter emulator called Blockwriter that does much the same thing.
197. Curing writer's block. 04 February, 2009 — Writing.
There’s not much excuse for thinking you can’t write.
189. Unemployed. 19 December, 2008 — Writing.
Today was my last day at work, and I was taking it well, saying final goodbyes to people, most of whom I would never see or speak to again.
180. A new Christianity. 07 October, 2008 — Writing.
I was raised in a Catholic family but I am not, exactly.
174. SMS Haiku. 27 May, 2008 — Writing.
With select people I am going to begin communicating by SMS solely in Haiku.
172. So maybe it was a bad idea. 30 April, 2008 — Writing.
So maybe it was a bad idea to burn all the two-by-fours from the garage, who really knows.
147. The quiet. 02 November, 2007 — Writing.
I am leaning against my car in the deserted parking lot of a small shopping village, watching the world speed past on the nearby arterial.