76. Custard tarts. 23 May, 2006 — Writing.
One night during the weekend I dreamed of custard tarts.
75. Peak-hour train ride. 16 May, 2006 — Writing.
Every Tuesday while taking the train home I am pressed into a close carriage cramped with people.
74. Poochie. 09 May, 2006 — Writing.
I remember I promised you, dear reader, that I would explain the history of my favourite toy, a little grey teddy bear named Poochie.
72. My secret place. 22 April, 2006 — Writing.
A few years ago I kept a large cardboard box in my room.
70. Little blue tiles. 08 April, 2006 — Writing.
In the Philippines when I was maybe three or four years old my family would get out into the country at every opportunity.
68. The red-and-white helicopter. 25 March, 2006 — Writing.
While talking to a lovely girl tonight I started thinking about Play-Doh.
65. The impossible heap. 17 March, 2006 — Writing.
The corner was the only place left for him.
62. Stand-still. 03 March, 2006 — Writing.
At times he would sit and watch politely as a car or person or ball travelled past him.
61. Intelligence. 24 February, 2006 — Writing.
“And they don’t know yet?
60. Gestures. 20 February, 2006 — Writing.
As he opens the door he offers her a flower he kept hidden in his sleeve.