Six security label pranks.
I wrote this when I was, like, 15. Tagged as Lists
I’m sure we’ve all seen a security label before. They bear a matrix of metallic tracks on a square piece of paper and emit a radio signal to stop people from shoplifting. These labels are usually stuck onto a product very securely, but I managed to get one as-is through alleys too seedy to elaborate on.
I got to thinking, what mischief can I get up to with this? Of course I would never do any of the terrible things I’m planning for this little security label—that’s the kind of guy I am—but I can at least come up with a few.
(Oh, note that the security labels from things you’ve bought will not do anything to security sensors, since they are deactivated upon purchase.)
- Stick the label onto a security gate and wait until the alarm drives the store clerks mad.
- Attach the label to a single grape and attempt to pay for it.
- Collect several labels and stick them onto a paper hat which will be worn on every outing to the mall.
- Attach it to the back of a person who is quite obviously shoplifting.
- Meet archnemesis and co. inside their favorite store. As you exchange empty threats, slip the label into one of their bags and wait for them to try and exit.
- Collect several label and try to flick or catapult them into a Target or K-Mart without alerting the bag checkers to your presence.