Minecraft Key Remaps.
What is it?
This is an Autohotkey script that creates extra keybinds for use in the ridiculously fun indie game Minecraft. If you are like me, your fingers and hands would begin feeling funny after a few hours of holding down Left-Click, and sometimes you’d let go of the Crouch key just for a second, and then fall off your building-in-progress.
Difference between Minecraft Remaps, and Minecraft Remaps ESDF Version
- Autowalk sends E instead of W. Key used to trigger it (Home key) still the same.
- Thats all!
Important usage information!
Put the script you want to use in the same directory as your Minecraft.exe
(or alternatively, put Minecraft.exe in the same directory as the script). When you start the script, it attempts to load the game at the same time. If you do not do this you will get a "Failed attempt to launch program or document" error, and if you email me about it I will give you a smartass answer as to why the script is not working for you.
- Doesnt mess up your typing outside Minecraft, so you can still IM and surf the web.
The following assume you have the game set to default Minecraft controls:
- Mouse Button 4, Mouse Button 5 and Insert toggle hold-left-click. Handy for breaking lots of blocks or mining obsidian.
- PgDn key spams right-click very quickly. Excellent for egg spam!
- Home toggles autowalking on and off, allowing you to move forward without holding down the key. Use with mouse-hold toggle for automated mining action!
- LShift toggles crouching upon double-pressing it. Press it again (once) to turn off. You can still crouch momentarily as usual by holding LShift down.
- PrintScreen takes a screenshot using Minecrafts built-in tool.
- Holding MButton spams left-click. No longer click 64 times when crafting a stack.
- Hit Ctrl+H to instantly teleport to your /sethome location. Handy for escaping ambushes.
- Hit Ctrl+P to instantly teleport to the spawn point.
- Minecraft (all versions, as long as Window Title remains "Minecraft".)
Notes and Caveats
You must map Crouch to Left Ctrl within Minecraft for the crouch toggle to take effect.
You may experience problems typing while the crouch-toggle or walk-toggle is in effect. To regain control, just toggle off that function.
Removed the F-key binds and reassigned them to other keys. This will allow you to use Minecrafts built-in tools (like hiding the HUD and so on). Several familiar binds have changed, so take note. Replaced the Mouse 4-to-Leftclick alternate bind with the more straightforward hold-leftclick function, which is what you’d really be wanting anyway. Also added an ESDF version, whose autowalk function sends E instead of W.
Added home/spawn binds, auto-click, /cdel bind and fixed the Print Screen button to take screenshots using Minecrafts built-in screenshot tool instead of an external one.
Added admin commands.
Stricter checking to ensure that the script only calibrates to the game windows measurements. Previously, for example, running the script and then visiting a website whose title begins with Minecraft would make the script think you were playing the game, and so its binds would interfere with your control within that window.
Added auto-walk (F2) toggle. Made the PrintScreen remap only apply when IrfanView is running — no more accidentally switching the Minecraft window to fullscreen mode and messing up the in-game pointer.
Initial release. Mouse 4, F1, crouch-toggle, and Print Screen remaps are included in initial release.
Let me at it!
Download Minecraft Remaps